1930, S. C. Masterson built additional cottages at the existing Bungalo Auto Court, that he owned on San Pablo Avenue.† It ran through to Kearney Street south of
Manila Street.† This is now where the El
Cerrito City Hall is located.
new additions were more modern than the old wooden cottages and they were
larger with stucco on the outside. The driveway entrance was on San Pablo
Avenue and Kearney Street.† In later
years, some of these buildings were moved across San Pablo Avenue to the west
side of the avenue next to Beckís Grocery store and are now part of the now
more modern Terrace Motel.
C. Mastersonís son was the well-known Judge Masterson in Richmond.
Copyright Mervin Belfils,
Copyright El Cerrito Historical
Society, June 2006